Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2018

'Distressing' inks

I decided to have a wee go with distress inks. I keep hearing about this 'smooshing' technique, so I gave that a go. I don't have any acetate but read that a clear stamp block could be used instead, so that's what I did and it didn't work at all. So I tried another technique I've seen, of just swiping ink pads onto a heat mat, spritzing with water and then dabbing the paper/card onto it a few times, heat setting in between. That didn't really work for me either, but I managed to get a couple of bits that looked half decent (well, maybe a quarter decent if I'm honest). This is the second bit. The first, and best, I managed to stick onto a card blank squint. I think I'll have to admit defeat and just use distress inks for the edges of paper.

Image stamp - Penny Black 'Snow-Board Ride'
Sentiment stamp
- Lili Of The Valley 'Merry Christmas Words'
Paper
- I used 'Picked Raspberry', 'Scattered Straw', 'Seedless Preserves' and 'Mowed Lawn' Tim Holtz distress inks to create a bit of a mess ;)
Colouring medium - Prismacolour Premier soft core pencils
Extras
- Spellbinders Nestabilites circle dies, Flower Soft and 'Icicle' Stickles

The Merry Christmas Challenge - Anything goes + Christmas
Craftaholics R Us - Anything goes
The Holly And Ivy Christmas - Anything goes
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends - Anything goes
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas - Anything Christmas goes
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Creative Craft Cottage - Anything goes
The Corrosive Challenge - Anything goes
Little Miss Muffet - Anything goes
Sparkles Christmas - Feature a creature



6 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Cute! Thanks for sharing with us at The Merry Christmas Challenge, Craftaholics R Us, and Holly & Ivy.
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy

Megan J said...

Hi Sharon, a very cute card for your Christmas card stash, love the inky background you created. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends... good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Fikreta said...

It's so pretty card!
hugs

sweet art designs said...

Your card made me smile-really big! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Card Weekly Challenge - Myrna DT

Jackie C said...

Wonderful that you have shared your great artwork with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @

Paddington fan said...

Love that cute image! I struggled when I tried the 'smooshing' technique too - a lot of card ended up in the bin! Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous card with us over at Sparkles Christmas challenge this month, I do hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x
Sparkles Xmas DT